Monday, February 18, 2008

Hillary Rally

So before you a) disown me, b) stop reading, or c) roll your eyes (Ann/Nadja I'm looking at you), please let me say that I have not decided who I am going to vote for on March 4th.

However, I did have the chance to attend a Hillary Clinton rally in Austin last Saturday where Former President Bill Clinton was the speaker.

Other speakers included:
Gonzalo Barrientos, Jim Mattox, Gary Mauro, Dolores Huerta (<-- absolutely fascinating life), Jamu Green (Exec. Director of Rock the Vote), and Cathy Bonner (somewhat on behalf of Ann Richards).

Here are some pictures:

This is the room. Be glad no one has invented Smell-O-Internet yet because lemme tell ya it got a little rank in there.



All the news cameras:



We got there a little early so we were really really close. Probably not more than 10 sweaty people separating me from Bill.

Former President Clinton:


And a video of when he came out to speak:



It is very neat to have the Texas vote actually be important!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Maybe I need to arrange an intervention with you and Heidi. :)

TexPatriate said...

I'm just glad there *were* 10 sweaty people separating you from Bill. Otherwise, you might have made the Internet. >.< Ewww.