Thursday, February 21, 2008

Muzz's Mexican Cornbread

By popular demand (and to move the Hillary rally post down a little further on the page):

Muzz's Mexican Cornbread

1/3 c. cottage cheese
1/3 c. sour cream
1/3 c. buttermilk
Small can (8 oz.) cream style corn
Small can diced green chilies
1/2 cup yellow corn meal
1/2 cup white corn meal
2 eggs
2 t. baking powder
2/3 c. oil
4 oz. grated cheese

I used full fat versions of the cottage cheese, sour cream, buttermilk and cheese because I'm pretty sure that my grandmother did not use anything low fat.

There are no directions about how to mix in the recipe I have so I just dumped everything in a bowl in no particular order and stirred it up.

Pour 1/2 of the batter into an 8X8 baking dish (it doesn't say greased but I put Pam on mine).
Sprinkle cheese onto batter, then cover with remaining batter. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour.

I have a picture of the cornbread - I'll edit to add it. I also need to post the potluck pictures!

No comments: