Monday, March 3, 2008

My First Braces Adjustment

Was last Thursday. It was much easier than I had remembered adjustments being. I changed the pink o rings on my bottom teeth to light green, dark green alternating. I think they look pretty cute.

I also had a spring put in around the wire between my front top two brackets. I'll post a picture. It's not very big but it definitely gives the impression of being 'hardware'. He said he would take it off for me next adjustment. It's supposed to spread my front two teeth apart slightly so they can start turning.

And the biggest surprise of all - when I went to pay, the orthodontist told me I got an A+ for brushing. Wha? I never ever ever got an A+ for brushing the last time. The receptionist and the assistant both said he did not give A+'s out easily so I guess this makes me wicked awesome. I had to call my mom from the parking lot and tell her about this; she was proud.

He told me that he was working on two specific teeth. On Friday when I brushed my teeth it was like whirrrr whirrrr whirrr OW whirrrr whirrrr whirrrrr OW SONOFA! Whatever he did is definitely working.

Picture to come tonight if I'm not too lazy.

3 comments:

Brian said...

I give your story A-.

TexPatriate said...

Kate. . . wicked awesome for teeth brushing.

I'll just let you think about that for a while.

Unknown said...

l2detectfacetiousness :P