Monday, March 10, 2008

Product Review - Rain-X - 4.5 Stars



I accidentally bought one of these single-use Rain-X things about 4 weeks ago, so I decided to try it. You rip open the packet, rub down your windshield thoroughly with the towelette thing, then buff it off - sort of like waxing a car.

By performing this ritual, I was able to keep it from raining in Texas almost a month. But recently, we've had a couple of rain showers - and today it was really raining and I noticed a HUGE improvement when driving in the rain. The water beaded up and it was much easier to see.

It is so worth it - especially since it only costs 99 cents. I gave it 4.5 stars vs. 5 stars because it's a bit of a pain to apply, especially for those with gas-guzzling, environment-hating SUV's (i.e. me). I was climbing all over the place trying to reach my entire windshield and it was not lady-like (so Lisa - don't even attempt - just ask Rob to do it for you).

Kate

P.S. A couple people at work told me I was a late adopter for this product and that it's been out for like 20 years but since I didn't know about it (I really don't frequent car parts stores much) I thought yall might not have either.

4 comments:

TexPatriate said...

If this thing prevents rain, I may cash in my 401k fund right quick.

I am *sooo* tired of rain.

Mimi Burleson said...

Accidentally? I like that. I "accidentally" bought the entire store of Banana Republic last weekend. Oops!

Julie said...

I am a victim of these "accidents" as well! I was "accidentally" talked into opening a Banana Republic credit card during aforementioned shopping spree. :\

You've taken our product sharing to a whole new level as well! I think you will be in charge of product sharing at GLW. Who knew there were other things besides make-up and hair products worth sharing?!?!

Sirocco said...

Who doesn't like rain? Seriously?

I've heard of these things, butnever used them. May have to give one a try.