Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Orthodontist Update

I was intending to do a braces update after each appointment, but quickly determined it was too boring.

So here's the latest in bullet form:

  • I've had braces on for 9 months now.
  • I got elastics today. They aren't too bad but I can't open my mouth very wide.
  • I asked the orthodontist if I was on track today (for the projected 24 months) and he said "oh no noooo no no no no." Meh!
  • He had put a small gap between my front teeth for no apparent reason and he said he was closing it up now.
  • He is using powerchains to close the gap. The powerchain is clear, which looks a little better, but I have to be careful with wine, curry, ketchup and mustard. They said if it gets ugly, to come in and they will change it out for me.
Edited to add:
OMG I can't yawn satisfactorily!

3 comments:

TexPatriate said...

I got elastics today. They aren't too bad but I can't open my mouth very wide.

Is it just way mean of me to say "heee" ?

*runs away*

Okay -- I won't, only because I remember how awful it was when I wore them.

D'Lyn said...

Would those be the Binford model power chains??

Anonymous said...

I am one of those jerks who never needed braces.
That being said, all that you have mentioned sounds like they are building a hot rod or a porch with power tools.

My condolences : (

This is Sarah btw. It won't let me tell you who I am!