Monday, October 6, 2008

A Few Little Things

~Braces Update~

I ate some hot mustard without thinking and now my powerchains are neon yellow. I am just going to live with them until next week's appointment.

Also, the gaps between my two front teeth and my two front bottom teeth are closed.

~Product Review~

Jello Dark Chocolate Sugar Free Pudding - 60 calories each - 5 stars. Officially on the red-light food list now.

~Warning: Gross TMI about my Toe Section~

As some of you might know, I am trying to be healthier, so I am pretending to be a runner. I started in August and for the first 3 or 4 weeks, my running shoes were a half-size too small.

The first tip-off that my running shoes were too small was that my 'this piggy stayed home' toe on my right foot developed a blood blister. Second tip-off was that my toenail kind of hurt if I pushed on it. The blister went away, but the end of my toe was still black. Not a pretty fashion statement during flip-flop season.

Fast forward to Monday: I am clipping my toenails after running in my new shoes (Thank You Mom!) and I realize that my toenail feels really wiggly. I look down and o.m.g. my toenail is barely attached to my toe. It doesn't hurt and doesn't even look bad, but I can see down under my toenail at least 3/4 of the way down. Apparently it's attached at the very bottom, but I am now afraid to touch it.

So if any runners out there have any suggestions feel free to leave me a comment. Maybe they make Lee Press-On Toenails?

5 comments:

TexPatriate said...

Wave bye-bye to your wee toenail.

Release it to the earth !

Jannie Funster said...

Sorry 'bout your toenail. Mine are all weak from so much chlorinated water this summer.

Jannie

D'Lyn said...

I lost half a toenail on my market piggy this summer. I cover it up with a band-aid when I got to church or wear flip-flops or whatever. It's starting to grow back, though! Good luck!

Julie said...

Yeah, that's why I don't run.

Anonymous said...

Could always just do a "omg... tear!"

Yah.. it hurts like a sonofa for a bit...