Thursday, January 31, 2008

I've Really Tried not to Whine...

And I'm sure it will be worth it but whew - a few days ago the braces were killing me. It wasn't the actual braces - it was my 4 bottom front teeth. They felt sort of like the feeling of having ice on the back of your teeth. It was low-grade but nonstop.

I called the orthodontist yesterday to ask him if this was normal and if it was going to go away on its own. He said "are you using the fluoride gel we gave you?". I answered "yes of course I have been". So he said hmmm - well that should have prevented that. He then told me to use it twice a day instead of once a day and if it wasn't better by Monday to come in to the office.

So I go home and use it right away - anything to make the throbbing stop. And while I'm brushing, I realize that the directions say to use it for one minute. Um whut. I had only been using it for maybe 10-20 seconds - just enough to brush it on. So yeah this whole thing is probably my own fault. Sorry Dr. Schraeder for the bad words that I called you in my mind!!!

2 comments:

TexPatriate said...

Thank God you went through our wonderful public education system !

Readers are leaders !

Sirocco said...

RTFM! RTFM! RTFM! RTFM!