Monday, January 21, 2008

Spacers Today

My first real orthodontist appointment was today.

I've been reading the Archwired site message boards to re-familiarize myself and see what braces are like now vs. when I had them before. I think reading that message board has built up the process in my mind a little bit bigger than it really is.

I walked in and Jackie (the receptionist/appointment lady) told me - you don't even need to take off your coat - just have a seat in the chair. No more than 30 seconds later, I was walking back out the door! A little anticlimactic if you ask me! I just got two spacers - they are light blue rubber rings about 1/4 inch across. Dr. Schraeder told me that the spacers would feel like chicken stuck in my teeth. No flossing and no sticky stuff were the only other instructions.

Here is what spacers look like:


I'll be sure and take some pictures of the spacers for posterity but the good stuff will start Thursday.

Kate

No comments: