Monday, June 30, 2008

~Day 2~ First Day of Training

Trained 23 students today - 11 were in the prevous project/12 were new. It was wonderful to have the past students in the class because they immediately started helping the new students. Everyone did well on the test except for the trick question I threw in (using Junk Data as a workflow status).

We have two new team leads - Somogyi Marta and Toth Mate. They were here from the last project and I am happy to have them back.

Lunch was clear soup with pasta and was very good. I also had mashed potatoes with a grilled chicken breast smothered in and swimming on top of a creamy peach sauce (wha?!). Product Review - 1 star. At least it's keeping me on my diet.

I sat through most of a safety/fire extinguisher training for a few minutes after lunch - didn't understand one single word the guy was saying but the students seemed to be laughing so I'm sure it went fine.

Fewer login issues this time - one small technical hurdle was that we had 23 students and only 10 PCs in the room. So during the second round of Guardian work, I had to juggle some people around. I made sure that the people who hadn't been here last time did a full hour - some of the returning students only had to do 1/2 an hour.

I took pictures of both groups. I will try and get those posted tonight.

1 comment:

Sirocco said...

Nice that half the class are returnees, that should (hopefully) get things up to full speed quite quickly.