Monday, November 19, 2007

~Day 14~ First Day of First Full Week

Work stuff:
Snuck up on the students this morning and of course they were all working. Not a single person surfing, talking, anything. I provided them an update on how many records they had done as a group, and how many were remaining as of right now. Still a pretty tough crowd.

Resolved - 9%
Unexamined - 89%
Needs Research - 2%
Character Set - < 1% NI Employee - < 1%

I ran the numbers about an hour later and they were a tiny bit better so I went up and reposted:
Resolved - 9%
Unexamined - 88%
Needs Research - 2%
NI Employee - 1%
Character Set - <1%

A few students giggled when I reposted. Yay!

There is an odd phenomenon that I guess the students agreed upon - one person has internet radio running on their computer and has it running through speakers so everyone can hear. I am getting my fill of techno, pop, US 80's and lots of songs where I can't understand a word. Possibly German possibly Hungarian.

Non-Work Stuff: Tonight is laundry/cleaning night. You'd be surprised how messy a hotel room can get. I went over to Match Match Match (grocery store) and got some food for dinner. In honor of my sister, I am hoping to fall in love with some obscure Hungarian brand of cheese or crackers or something and then never be able to get it again. I took pictures of an interesting package of cheese and I'll post it either today or tomorrow. It's like braided string cheese. Cheli said some of their milk isn't pasteurized so I'm not sure about their cheese. I ate a bite tonight and if I don't get super sick by tomorrow, I will eat some more. Tomorrow night is either - figure out how to buy a booklet of tram tickets night or DaVinci exhibition night. The DaVinci thing is literally in the other half of the hotel building. I will probably go Wednesday or Thursday. I didn't realize how big of a deal it is - but I looked it up today and the two previous stops were Florence, Italy and Tokyo.

3 comments:

Sirocco said...

I assume you specified Florence, Italy to differentiate it from Florence, Arizona. I know a lot of people confuse the two regularly.

TexPatriate said...

Or Florence, Alabama.

There's a total resemblance between the two. Really !

Shelly said...

Hello?! Florence Texas is quite important as well. Duh.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Florence-Texas.html

(Sorry! I am not high tech enough to know how to make this link to the site. Hope we can all still be friends.)