Wednesday, November 21, 2007

~Day 17~ Happy Thanksgiving Americans!

Non-work stuff:
Booked my hotel in Vienna today. Nothing like waiting til the last minute! Lots of hotels are super expensive though so I think I got a pretty good deal even though I waited. 208 euro for two nights - when most other hotels were 150 euro per night. Yes mother it is safe. Here are the reviews from TripAdvisor.

Here is a little picture of the front:



Doing a little bit of research on Austria - and I realized it would be handy to learn a few words in German - mostly the same as what I know in Hungarian (minus the words for fruit). So I'm gonna find a good site and learn a bit on the train trip. Where is Nadja when I need her!?

The receptionist here (Attila G.) is so great! He wrote me this letter to show to the person at the Debrecen train station to help me easily get the tickets I need. He did the same thing for me for my Budapest trip. I must think of something Texas-y to get him as a thank you gift - he's been so much help with all my random requests. I asked the students to translate it for me and it basically says "My name is Kate Porter - I need your help getting the following tickets blah blah. Thanks for your help. Bye." :)




Work stuff:
Speed went back up again today after I mentioned that we went down in speed yesterday. We are at 265 members per hour now. Also handed out Monday's quality and speed reports. There was a lot of interest in this but it's a little awkward to see the people (especially with lots of errors/slow speed) reading their sheets. Oh well! Room for improvement.

Off for my fitness lunch now - spaghetti bacon and cheese. Happy Thanksgiving to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kate!!! Enjoy the fitness lunch. LOL - Perhaps you can order in Kashmir tonight to make up for it!! Bex xx

Unknown said...

What a good idea! I did just that. My Thanksgiving dinner is Chicken Tikki Masala and butter naan. :)