Sunday, November 25, 2007

~Day 20~ Vienna (Sunday)

Didn't have a lot of time on Sunday (especially after sleeping a little bit late), so I just did a couple of things.

Hiked through the arctic north to the Sigmund Freud Museum. It's his old apartment. I went in - didn't do the whole tour (which I now regret) and then went to the:

Christmas Market (Christkindlmarkt)! OOOOooooo so many shinies!

I'll put some pictures up later but it's basically lots and lots of decorated booths selling toys and crafts and hot wine and sausages and decorated cookies and really neat stuff. I had a Käsekrainer sausage in a bun and a Coke Light™ of course. I will put up a picture but the buns are mercilessly impaled on these long silver spikes to warm them. Wasn't really hungry after that, but I saw a ton of people eating these things that looked like marshmallow kabobs. 4-5 marshmallows (shaped like hearts/stars) on a skewer and then dipped in chocolate. Besides being full, I had already taunted my coat with German mustard with the Käsekrainer so I didn't dare eat anything chocolate. Btw, my coat is just now starting to look kind of shabby. Still totally wearable though. Yay for Tide Stick!

Entrance:



Cookie Booth (don't get all excited - I didn't buy any):



Hot Wine Booth:

No comments: