Thursday, November 8, 2007

~Day 2~ Bonus Post

When we left the office we heard what I automatically assumed were gunshots (comes from my 2 years living in New Orleans). Apparently the sound was just fireworks because November 5th is Fireworks Night.

We then went and ate at Nawab Indian Restaurant. (Wow I am a classy broad)



I've seen hand-held credit card swipe machines at both of the places we have eaten so far. I love that idea because it cuts out the extra time you spend between having the check dropped off and picked back up. It is a bit intimidating having to figure the tip in your head while they stand and wait though.

I believe the plan tonight is to go to a traditional English countryside pub for 'pub grub' like bangers and mash.

Work stuff: Finished polishing the training presentation and worked on the test for the data stewards Set up a meeting for today with Tunde and Nanetta to finalize details. Had a short meeting with Vicky regarding search results and provided further numbers to use in decision-making. Met Sara Giudici in person and talked with Leslie, Bex, Vicky and Sam.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I would have thought that hand held credit machines would be everyday things in Texas!

I mean, they have them here in the bitter and cold!

Srslee Kate.

:P