Sunday, November 25, 2007

~Bonus Post~ German/Hungarian I Have Learned So Far

Saving this for posterity:

German I Have Learned So Far

  • Yes - ja (yah)
  • No - nein (nine)
  • Please - bitte (bittah)
  • You're welcome - bitte (that's easy)
  • Thank you - danke (score! One I already knew!)
  • Good day - Guten Tag! (score! had heard of that one too!)
  • Goodbye - Auf Wiedersehen! (ty Heidi Klum)
  • Hello - Hallo (learned that one from Nadja)
  • Excuse me - Entschuldigen Sie! (I'll just say this really fast and soft)
  • And of course - Wo ist die Toilette? vo ist dee toy-LET-uh

Hungarian I Have Learned So Far (Phonetic Because This Language is Ridiculously Hard)

  • Big Train Station (Debrecen) - Nagya'lloma's
  • Restaurant - Aiterrem
  • Table - Asztal
  • Ticket office - pénztár
  • Closed - Zarva
  • Open - Nyitva
  • Square - tér (tare)
  • Tomorrow - holnap
  • Today - ma
  • How do you say __ in Hungarian? Hogyan mondyam madarul ___?
  • Where? - hol?
  • I Don't Understand (Hungarian)- Nem airtem (magyarul)
  • Cheese - Sajt
  • Ananahslay - Pineapple
  • Apple - Alma
  • Have a nice day - sep napot (Thanks to Nanetta for that one)
  • Where is the restroom? - Hol van a vaitsay?
  • Cheers - Egészségédre! - egishSHAYgadra
  • You're Welcome - Seeveshen
  • Very Good - Nayon Yo
  • Excuse me (to apologize) - Bo-chanat
  • Good - Yo
  • Thank You (very much) - Koosonom (saypen)
  • Please - Kairem
  • No - Nem
  • Yes - Igen

No comments: