Friday, November 23, 2007

~Day 18~ Work/Vienna

Work Stuff:
We have 13 students today which is great! Supposed to be getting 15 students per day for the rest of the project. Some of the students who we trained didn't want to work on the project (which I am not taking personally :)) but there are 5 students who have friends who DO want to work on it. So I am working with Nanetta/Tunde/the agency to do a mini training session for them sometime next week.

Non-Work Stuff:
Not much went on as far as non-work stuff. I was on the train most of the night. Made it in to my hotel fine - it was outside the ring, but literally only about a block outside. It was no problem to take the subway to the closest stop and then walk there - less than 5 minutes I'm sure. The key to my hotel room (picture to come) was this big huge brass thing with a key attached. I had read up on this hotel and found out that you are supposed to leave the key with them when you leave and then pick it up when you come in again. I asked the front desk guy about this and he said (in a French accent) - well, you are most welcome to use eet as a weapon". ha ha Mr. Eugene. Room was small but clean and cozy. Bathtub - 5 stars.

Oh! Almost forgot! When I walked in, they had hot spiced wine (Glühwein) in cups at the front desk ready for anyone who was arriving. I am not much of a wine drinker but it was really good especially because I was quite cold.

2 comments:

D'Lyn said...

Kate,
"Choose" = Goodbye in German -- kind of the See ya later brand.

"Sheisser" = Shit.

No idea how these are really spelled!

Glad you're having a great time! Love your blog!
- d.

TexPatriate said...

You forgot. . . "eeky-eeky, OW !"

That means "plaster" or what we here in the States would call a Band-Aid.

=D