Tuesday, November 13, 2007

~Day 8~ Second Day of Training

Non-Work Stuff:
We had a nice dinner at Krudy Restaurant at the Villa Hotel.




I had a funny menu item:

„Rossz lányok tésztája” (csirkehús, sonkás, tejszínes szósz, spagetti)
Crappy girls’s pastry (chicken, ham, cream sauce and spaghetti)
Teig der schlechten Mädchen (Hähnchen, Spaghetti mit Schinken und Sahnesosse)

I did not have the nerve to try this:

„Javas asszony ajánlata”
(kiskakas melle heréjével, tarajával, sztrapacskával)

Breast of rooster with its testicle and crest and „sztrapacska”
Hahnenbrust mit Hoden, Kamm und „Sztrapacska”

^ I mean whut. BTW, that is not a typo or incorrect translation. It was several places in the menu.

I also had a flaming dessert which made me very happy. It is a personal rule of mine to order pretty much anything made tableside and ANY flaming dessert.




Misty, Bex and I all learned lots of new and interesting Hungarian words, most of which are NSFB (Not Safe For Blog).

Work Stuff
Trained 19 more students today. Seemed fairly similar to the group yesterday. Have seen a few 0dd Auditor bugs but nothing that was a show-stopper. The most amusing is the one where at the bottom of the screen, the "Highlight Same" and "Highlight Different" colors both turn black, instead of GREEN for the same and RED for different. This is a bit of a problem because their text is also black.

3 comments:

Sailing Blue Lake said...

What is the matter with you? You have GOT to try the breast of rooster.......you know that will be FAB. Work has been very tedious...lots and lots of testing this error concurrent process...Annette and I are ready to kill ourselves....I think we will just drink a bottle of wine - each!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Breast of Rooster - I have absolutely no problem with. It's the boy parts that I can't bear ordering - much less eating!

Sirocco said...

A nice dinner at a Krudy Restaurant is always better than a cruddy dinner at a Nice Restaurant.